Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Pictures from down south

South Alaska, that is. Two weekends ago now, I met up with my family in Anchorage -- it was cheaper for them than flying all the way to Nome, and more fun for me since I got to see a new part of the state. Needless to say, the southeast of Alaska compared to the northwest like night and day. It was a blast though, and I definitely foresee myself moving there someday soon.

For the most part, it was a lot of good old fashion family road tripping, even after 4 months of being a part and 3 years since our last vacation together. We kept south of Anchorage and explored the towns of Seward, Kenai, and Girdwood, where we were staying. It was fun to be with Ellie and Chris when they saw their first snow, and great to catch up with everyone. It was a good time for reflection as well, to try and figure out where I fit in with my family now that I'm out of school and leading my own life.

So without further ado, here are some of my better pictures from the trip. Enjoy!
The Seward Highway


Turnagain Arm, high tide

Heading south towards Seward


Frosty morning (26 degrees F) 

Tundra swans... not in the tundra

Driving in a winter wonderland

Lion's Mane Jellyfish outside Alaska SeaLife Center

Murre diving underwater at ASLC

Murre underwater

Happy duck is happy

Historic Mile Zero marker of the Iditarod
 (Quite fitting, since I just came from the Iditarod's finish line!)

Town of Seward. I could live here.

Resurrection Bay

Seward and Resurrection Bay

Seward Harbor

So Alaska

Bad picture of Exit Glacier

Picturesque

MOOOOOSSSEE

Reflections

Snowstorm 

Glacier spilling into the water

Mt. Redoubt


Juvenile-ish bald eagle

Alyeska Ski Resort

The trailhead

The fam

Blurry picture of Dad and Mom

Snowy reflections

Misty forest
Chris and I riding the hand tram over Glacier Creek Gorge

Glacier Creek

Snowy trail
 
Last but not least, love to the family. :)
Thank you all for a wonderful weekend, and for re-energizing me for another 5 months out here. I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment