Saturday, December 29, 2012

December photos

So much for coming up with some deep, thought-provoking, reflective Christmas post like I'd planned to do last week. But I have no complaints -- I've been having too much fun and staying too busy to philosophize lately. And besides, as they say, a picture is worth a thousand words, so I'll let the photos do most of the talking. :)

View of the low mid-day sun

Snow is infinitely beautiful!
Most of my activity lately has involved snowshoeing to the tops of various little mountains and hills, and then sledding/sliding down. We still don't have as much snow as normal for this time of year, but it's all still so new to me that I don't really care.
The sky is almost always pink this time of year
Not to mention, with only 4 hours of daylight, the world is full of the most beautiful colors I have ever seen in nature! No more greens and yellows and browns, but whites, pinks, purples, deep reds, pale blues, and soft oranges. It seriously feels like I'm living on a different planet sometimes.
Nice waxing gibbous

Pink sky over Nome faraway

Almost full moon, rising over a weird rock

Balancing on the rock!

Some friends sledding
Sledding is my favorite thing right now. I'll try to post more pictures of it soon, but it is such a thrill! On Christmas Eve, three of us hiked up a little mountain and sledded down about 5 times in a row. It was so exhausting, but ridiculously fun.

This is what happens when you hike for an hour in -7 degrees
More pictures and updates to come, hopefully before New Years.

No comments:

Post a Comment