Sunday, March 31, 2013

Through the Lens: Northern Lights

As if by magic, during my last weekend in Nome, the northern lights put on the most spectacular display I've seen to date. 

I was sound asleep late at night, but my roommate had been downtown watching one of the Iditarod mushers come in, when she noticed a smudge of green across the sky. I was awoken by her text, and immediately jumped out of bed to check the window. Sure enough, a ribbon of light was pulsing through the heavens above. I don't think I've ever gotten dressed and set up the camera so fast in my life!
Beam us up, Scotty!
We watched the northern lights for over an hour, standing out in the cold, playing with camera settings, and posing dorky long-exposure shots in front of the lights. Totally worth it!






I'm a WIZARD!


No comments:

Post a Comment