Friday, August 22, 2014

Picturing Sitka

It's been a long 3 weeks. We had something like 6 inches of rain in one weekend and it rained almost nonstop for 2 weeks straight. And I hate to think that something as simple as the weather can affect my mood, but I have to be completely honest and admit that that much rain definitely put a damper on my attitude for a while. That's part of the reason I haven't felt like blogging, but I am so far behind I thought I would throw these pictures up anyhow from our last sunny day, whenever that was.

The sea walk, with Mt. Verstovia in the distance

Crescent Harbor


Mountains across from the park


Fireweed and mountains

World's Most Beautiful Trailer Park Award goes to...

Can't get enough of those mountains



Modern totem pole
One one of my days off last week, I finally managed to get some decent salmon footage as well. The spawn isn't quite at its peak yet, but it's still absolutely incredible to witness and I had way too much fun throwing my GoPro in the river all day. Here are some of the shots I got (and make sure to watch the video in HD):





Perhaps tomorrow I'll try to actually write a post (rather than just throwing pictures up) and put into words some of my reflections and observations from the last few weeks. Until then, enjoy the photos!

No comments:

Post a Comment